So, this sweet citrus salad is the BOMB. Fo real. Also, it is super simple to make and does an excellent job of wowing the crowd.
Plus, it’s a great salad in the winter too. It reminds me of the summer (and to be honest, I’m a total suck for palm trees and warm weather). And, up here in Canada, it can get pretty cold, so this salad is a go-to favorite for me.
And, I just love the vibrant colors in this dish!
Finally, let’s make this! Yumminess awaits!
- ½ a large grapefruit (cubed if you’d life)
- 1 navel orange (cubed if you’d life)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts
- 4 cups of packed spinach
- 5 teaspoons OJ concentrate juice (yes, right out of the frozen container)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (if you have lemon oil – use it!)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- The zest from 1 whole lemon
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast the walnuts at 350 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes. Do it until they are light brown!
- Crack open the pomegranate & take out the seeds.
- Cut up all the citrus lengthwise (so you can see their radial pattern inside).
- Remove all the rinds.
- Cube the citrus if you’d like.
- Put all the walnuts, pomegranate seeds, spinach, and walnuts into a serving bowl.
- Add all the ingredients together under “dressing” in a bowl and stir it up.
Also, let me know what you think!
Kelly from The Wild Manifesto