For starters, I just want to eat this all day long! This kale pesto power bowl is the bomb. Also, I crave this for lunch almost every day. (Sometimes I need to force myself to make something different otherwise I’d live off this bowl).
Plus, the kale pesto is divine. The pesto paired with the avocado is really rich and creamy. This way, you can have the creaminess without the dairy. But, let’s be real here people – avocado tastes amazing with almost everything. 😉
So, let’s get crackin’ and make this bad boy!
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 and ½ cups kale (packed)
- 1 cup basil (very packed!)
- 2 medium garlic cloves. Use 4 tiny ones if not!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Half of a lemon's zest
- 150 mL extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of quinoa cooked
- 1 avocado (cut in half)
- 1 cup sauteed mushrooms (oyster or button mushrooms both rock!)
- 2 handfuls of sauteed spinach
- Extra fresh spinach for each bowl
- Sprinkle of hemp hearts
- Cook quinoa
- Saute mushrooms and spinach in olive oil. (Saute the mushrooms first until they are fully caramelized, then add in the spinach). If you have a cast iron pot, this tastes even better.
- Make the kale pesto by putting all the "kale pesto ingredients" above in a blender together and pulse until smooth.
- Toss all the quinoa, mushrooms, spinach, and kale pesto together in one bowl. Mix it up.
- Add half an avocado to each bowl.
- Sprinkle optional garnishes (and drench everything in sriracha if you're like me).
Plus, if you also are totally diggin’ this vegan kale pesto, you can find it here.
Also, let me know what you think of this one!
Kelly from The Wild Manifesto