If your tummy troubles get triggered in situations where you feel like a poop emoji, then I can really relate. Learn how to calm down ASAP.
Sniffing some good ‘ol essential oils can help you take the edge off in literally no time.
Spritz, spritz, done.
Here are the best 4 essential oils to destress ASAP:
- Take a deep breath in and inhale the lavender. Then, take a deep breath out.
- It’s very calming and hella easy.
- Sniff the bottle directly, add a few drops to your bath, diffuse it when you devote some time for self-care or put a few drops on your mat if you’re doing a little yoga.
Ylang Ylang oil.
- I roll it on at night to de-stress and chill out.
- This helps me shift my energy before bed. Also, do some gratitude journalling.
- Bring on the good vibes!
- Chronic headaches and brain fog were two of my biggest symptoms of my celiac disease. I still struggle with them almost every day, but peppermint oil alleviates my headaches.
- Roll some peppermint oil on your temples and the back of your neck. Then, wait for the tingling sensation to kick in. Oh yes. It’s magic.
- This Peppermint Halo Roller by Saje works wonders.
Lemon or grapefruit oil.
- When I get a whiff of this stuff, it instantly puts me in a good mood.
- If I’m feeling sh*tty after reacting to a meal I ate, I’ll spritz some lemon oil in distilled water around my face.
- It helps me take my mind off the discomfort.
So, here’s how you can de-stress anytime & anywhere:
- Keep a tiny bottle of your favorite oil on you. I toss a mini roller into my backpack because you never know when stress strikes & you gotta calm down.
- If you are having an uncomfortable conversation, excuse yourself to the restroom and use your oils and take a few deep breaths.
- If there is no line for the wheelchair restroom, I’ll go in there and just physically shake off the bad energy in a space where I’m alone. Then, I sniff my oils or put a few drops on me.
The lowdown on finding high-quality essential oils:
- Now, there are lots of synthetic oils out there. Watch out.
- If you are sensitive to foods, fake fragrances, and chemicals (like me) this is super important. You don’t need more toxic crap in your body.
- You need oils that are pure, organic, and 100% naturally derived from plants – never made in a lab.
So, where can you find these mini miracle workers?
- Whole Foods Market. Their Whole Body 365 brand and Aura Cacia are both great and inexpensive. Gotta keep those extra bills in the wallet, people!
- Thrive Market. (For my US readers).
- Saje. (For my Canadian & US readers). Lots of pre-mixed rollers and sprays too if you don’t have time to make DIYs.
Peace, love, and bring on those chill, zen, vibes!
-Kelly from The Wild Manifesto