Ok pals, this one’s the real deal. This vegan kale pesto is a sure winner. Hands down. (I liked all the spoons clean. Very, very well).
If you are looking for a vegan pesto, I’ve gotcha covered. You can stop your google search right now.
This pesto is really versatile.
You can sub out 1 cup of traditional pesto for this one. For anyone with pine nut or dairy allergies, opt for this recipe! I get AMAZING reviews on this pesto from my family, so it’s a sure fire winner.
Also, what really makes this divine is the toasted walnuts.
(I know sometimes, I get lazy and don’t really follow other people’s recipes, but trust me on this one. The extra 10 minutes to roast those bad boys are SO worth it!)
- 1 and ½ cups kale (packed)
- 1 cup basil (very packed!)
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves (or 4 small ones)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from ½ a lemon
- 150 mL extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup toasted walnuts (What really makes this recipe divine is the toasted walnuts. I know sometimes, I get lazy and don't really follow other people's recipes, but trust me on this one. The extra 10 minutes to roast those bad boys are SO worth it!)
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab half of a lemon and juice and zest it (that will usually make 1 tbsp of lemon juice).
- Put walnuts on a baking sheet.
- Toast them for 10 minutes in the oven until slightly brown.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients listed above.
Super simple and hella delish.
Let me know what you think! Leave a message below!
Kelly from The Wild Manifesto