This quinoa breakfast bowl is my go-to every morning.
So many people ask me what the eff I eat given my allergies – so here it is, folks! This bad boy.
I love this bowl and I eat it all the time. It’s fast, easy, and it really hits the spot ’cause I usually crave something a ‘lil sweet in the morning.
Why I love this brekkie bowl:
- Well, it’s pretty darn easy to make. It only has 4 ingredients and usually #IRL, I don’t add the toppings because I’m running out the door in the morning.
- It’s nutrient-dense. One cup of cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein, it’s rich in iron, and it’s one of the few grains that contain all the nine essential amino acids (like meat-based protein sources). Also, quinoa has more protein than oats (and I’m also allergic to oats). So, for those two reasons I opt for it instead. Plus, the almond butter adds extra protein, vitamin E, and monounsaturated fatty acids (the good kind of fat). Raspberries add extra vitamin C and are low on the glycemic index, meaning that they won’t spike your blood sugar.
- And, it keeps me full until lunch! Which is great, ’cause I hate half-assing breakfast and getting hungry (I really mean hangry) at 10 am.
Alright, let’s do this!
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 cup of frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- Shredded almonds
- Cook your quinoa
- Get a large bowl out
- Slice the banana up
- Add the cooked quinoa, raspberries, and banana into the bowl
- Put the bowl into the microwave and cook it for 2 minutes (or until the banana caramelizes and smells delicious)
- Stir in the almond butter
- Top with coconut, shredded almonds, and chia & TA-DA!
Wham, bam, DONE! See how easy that was? So, let me know what you think!
Kelly from The Wild Manifesto